A Guide to the Best Indiana Betting Sites Online
When the United States Supreme Court ruled the ban on Indiana Sports Betting Online as unconstitutional in 2018, wheels were set in motion by the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) to get 1015 AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning gaming changed to legal status.
The pressure to legalize Indiana sports books was hectic, especially in the light of other US states that passed bills to legalize gambling. Montana and Iowa authorized their respective sports gambling two days before Indiana.
Considering that the Indiana market comprises of over 6 million individuals, the potential market could be a vibrant, profitable opportunity.
Sports Betting Legislation
On September 1, 2019, sportsbooks were officially legal. The bill was signed by Eric Holcomb, Indiana Governor. While a huge list of sports can receive bets, it is only amateur youth sports and high school events that cannot receive legal bets. The bill’s key provisions include Indiana Sports Betting Apps, including mobile sports betting apps and bet on sports at casino and off-track sites, for example, horse races.
Best Sports Betting Sites
- FanDuel Sportsbook – one of Indiana’s biggest sportsbook operators that gets excellent sportsbook reviews from all other platforms, it has mobile apps with top players navigation and easy to use via all platforms. FanDuel gives a risk-free bet for up to $500.
- BetRivers – up to $250 free for new players with mobile play, mobile apps, and top sports, it was 3rd to launch in 2019. Bet on local favorites like Navy against Notre Dame NCAAF, Louisville against Clemson, or live Moscow Liga Pro wagers. Top markets include NBA Draft, UFC, NASCAR, golf, baseball, TBL tennis, soccer, etc.
- DraftKings – incredible bonuses of up to $1, 025, it was the first big brand to expand across the US. Simply for signing up punters get a no deposit bonus of $25. DraftKings focuses on major betting markets and international sports and little on regional sports. Pro Leagues – MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, NCAAF, KBO League, NCAA Basketball, Soccer, Regions – Aussie Rules Football, rugby, cricket, PGA Tour + Masters Golf, Motor Racing, MMA, Boxing, Tennis
- BetAmerica – players get $25 free bet and up to $100 bonuses when depositing $10. Nine payment methods accepted with plenty of markets, including horse racing and cash out option. It does not have a mobile app for sports; however, it has a mobile app for horse races for iOS but not Android.
- BetMGM – part of MGM Resorts, the newly launched sportsbook, has excellent mobile play and apps with an excellent array of sports. BetMGM sportsbook is a joint venture in partnership with CVC Holdings. Player proposition wagers, in-play wager, pre-match wagers and plenty of promotions to enjoy with this exclusive app with unique in-app offers and promotions. Markets include combat sports, tennis, soccer, golf, hockey, baseball, basketball, and more.
- PointsBet – sixth to launch for sports fans, it has excellent welcome offers to new players with an iOS Sports Betting App and Android Sports Betting Apps. After launching its app in March 2020, it has become one of the favorite apps with incredible user-interface for easy play and fast loading times. Outstanding promotions and bonuses range from parlay insurance, boosted odds, free bet rewards, plus countless opportunities to win and earn.
- Fox Bet – the new Fox Bet is the old Betstars online sportsbook. It offers enticing welcome bonuses; its app design is slick with custom betting possibilities. Vast sports markets, but no horse racing and diverse market opportunities, including future bets like Super Bowl weekend. While players might be familiar with BetStars the changed name brought a significant facelift with brilliant features and a welcome bonus of up to $1, 000.
- William Hill – is not yet digitally available in Indiana. However, it is partnered with retail sports betting. Without an app at present, William Hill still plans to launch its sportsbook and app in Indiana. In the meantime, check out the Tropicana Evansville sportsbook in partnership with the leading sportsbook, William Hill. William Hill sportsbook review will be avaible soon.
- Caesars Sportsbook – as a subsidiary of the massive Las Vegas Strip casino, Caesars gives a free, no deposit welcome bonus of $10, plus up to $300 free bet matching the 1st deposit. Change the odds as you wish to bet on markets like soccer, NHL, MLB, NCAA basketball and football as well as numerous others, including award and TV shows.
Betting Apps / How to bet on mobile?
Mobile play is simplified with the well-developed apps that casinos and sportsbooks develop through software providers. You will always find sportsbooks list their apps on the website. Players that choose to bet and skip an app download can bet without an app too, but it is convenient and ready to use anywhere in Indiana.
Simple steps to follow:
Setting up sports betting app and account:
Register a players account on the sportsbook of your choice with easy information that includes personal and banking details. Confirm the currency you prefer before funding your account. New players can expect a welcome bonus, which is super to place wager-free bets, play with sportsbook funds, and not yours. Easy navigation with player-friendly interface ensures you find your way around sports and markets available. Decide on bet options like live play, parlays, props, singles to add to the betting slip.
New customer bonuses
New mobile registration gives players the same welcome bonus offers as offered via desktop. If you claimed the welcome or free bet via desktop you will not be able to claim it again. You may claim all ongoing promotions via mobile app and also eligible for loyalty rewards.
Indiana features a filled horse racing calendar with multiple opportunities.
Harrah’s Hoosier Resort is under the operation of Caesars Casino with racetrack featuring the 2020 Breeders Cup, making it Indiana’s number one track.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino – Previous years saw Harrah’s Hoosier presenting the Indiana Derby. In 2012 it moved to Indiana Grand racing where thoroughbred racing is raced with the only downside that it offers all sorts of bets on horses but no app. Other top races include Breeders Crown Open Pace, Crown Ambassador Stakes, Indiana Grand, Shelby Crown Stakes, Sagamore Sired, and Indiana Oaks.
With legalization of sports betting, more off-track options are ready for Indiana punters. Horseracing online apps are what you are looking for, with numerous of them freely available.
US Racing – gives options like 8% rebate, excellent odds, up to minute scheduling plus live results. Races can be accessed via Android, iPhone, iPad, laptop as well as desktop.
TVG gives you access to over 150 racetracks around the globe with live streaming, expert opinions, past performances, plus, risk-free first bet of up to $300.
Twinspires have decent bonuses, an app, up to 40% betting insurance, sweepstakes, and jackpots.
Winners Circle OTB Clarksville, New Haven, and Indianapolis with daily races.
Types of legal sports betting in Indiana
A variety of events that are beyond only match outcomes can be expected from many Indiana sportsbooks. The main types that sports bettors in Indiana will enjoy including:
- Point spread – a certain number of extra points are needed for you to win. It is like a handicap bet.
- Moneyline -it’s a straightforward bet indicating the winner of a game. When you bet on a team to win, and it does, you win the Moneyline bet.
- Totals – these are referred to as over-unders too. You decide what the result will be of both teams’ combined score.
- Partial game lines – partial game lines are a series of game odds like total, money line, and spread. While a game’s outcome is not what matters here, the focus is on what happens during specific times of a game or match.
- Parlay – these link a series of bets to tie it into one wager. Often taking place on one day, you bet on more than one game by choosing each game’s result.
- Teasers – while Moneyline bets are not allowed, it is similar to parlays. You can adjust the total up or down by several points, making a winning prediction a little easier.
- Pleasers – pleasers are not made very often as it works similar to teasers, except here the odds move towards the house’s favor and moving against you. While it ensures a higher payout, it is much more challenging to win.
- Round Robin – several parlay results tied together but you don’t need to win each parlay
- Futures – you bet on games that are in the future literally.
- In-play – bets start after the start of games and are live bets, which are best played via mobile app with a bettor that’s quick to draw. It is great when you missed a wager before the game start with multiple options available in-play.
- Propositional wagers – a propositional is not aimed at the game outcome but on events happening within a series, season or game. You can wager on individual player performance, different statistics, etc.
Betting on popular sports
Top sports besides top sports leagues NHL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NASCAR, Basketball (all leagues), Boxing, Bowling, Darts and Cricket as well as Rugby, Olympics, Mixed Martial Arts, Lacrosse, Hockey, Golf including PGA, LPGA, and Football, you have plenty of options. Soccer offers a host of betting possibilities with different leagues as well as various Tennis betting possibilities. Also, lesser bet-on sports like Track & Field, Sailing, and Softball.
Indiana online sports betting partnerships
Indiana players who ask where can you place sports bets in Indiana? The answer is here; place your wagers at the retail Indiana sportsbooks of land-based casinos in partnership with leading sports software providers:
- Winner’s Circle Clarksville, Indianapolis, and New Haven are all falling under the Caesars Sportsbook with software from Scientific Games. Neither of these currently have mobile apps.
- Belterra Casino Resort: BetMGM is its licensing partner operating the sportsbook via GVC software. It only launched online in February 2020.
- Blue Chip Casino: FanDuel Sportsbook with two operating software providers, PPB and IGT, with a mobile app. It launched in October 2019.
- Ameristar Casino Resort: DraftKings Sportsbook operates on software from Kambi with mobile play available.
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg: PointsBet is the partner that operates on its own software for the sportsbook. While it is yet to launch, it will have mobile play and an app.
- Horseshoe Hammond Casino: operating on Scientific Games software, it has partnered with Caesars Interactive Entertainment.
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana Hotel & Casino: Caesars gave their brand here too with software from Scientific Games. Both Horseshoe sportsbooks are expected to do well with the Caesars brand behind them.
- French Lick Resort Casino: as a partner of BetRivers, both are strong to provide an excellent sportsbook. Operating on Kambi software, it launched online in October 2019 with mobile play available as well as an app.
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park: Caesars Sports has three sportsbooks operating to date with everyone wondering if there would be another coming. While operating on Scientific Games, it does not have an app.
- Rising Star Casino Resort: BetAmerica, Wynn Resorts opened at the end of December 2019 with software from SBTech and has mobile play for iOS and Android.
- Tropicana Evansville Casino: William Hill – this partnership is yet to launch, but when it does, it will have an app, and the OS is William Hill proprietary software.
- Majestic Star Casino partnered with Bet America without a mobile app option.
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino operates in conjunction with Caesars Sports, which seem to be the main player in Indiana Sports betting. Also operating on Scientific Games, no app available.
What Are The Possible Betting Locations In Indiana?
Various tribal, land-based and riverboat venues operate currently with more places that can launch soon. These have partnered with other brand offering websites, live sportsbooks and Sports wagering apps:
- Tropicana Evansville
- Belterra Casino
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana
- French Lick Resort Casino
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
- Blue Chip Casino
- Hoosier Park
- Indiana Grand Casino
- Horseshoe Casino
- Rising Star Casino Resort
- Majestic Star
- Majestic Star II
How to start betting online?
Access an Indiana online sports betting site and open an account. Make your first deposit, which is located on “My Account” page. Pick the market and sport you wish to bet on, add it to your bet slip by tapping the odds. Enter the stake you wish to bet and place it by hitting “confirm bet” button.
Players that are unfamiliar with betting online find their first time potentially intimidating. However, modern apps are developed by leading software provider using user-friendly interfacing with smooth easy to use features and fast loading times.
Bet slips will not be covering your screen as it will be hidden under an icon until you need it. Follow online prompts that lead you for simplified online gambling.
Banking and Withdrawal Process
Minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts vary from one bookmaker to another, with an average between $5 – $10. To request a withdrawal check with bookmaker as most online platforms require that you withdraw funds using the same method as the deposit. Some methods only allow for deposits; therefore, check before registering if access is possible for those offered payment methods.
- Credit/debit cards instant deposits with 1 – 5 days withdrawal processing
- E-wallets – instant payment both ways include Skrill and Neteller
- Pre-paid cards – instant deposit but no withdrawal options
- Pay by phone – instant deposit and no withdrawal allowed with this payment opportunity.
- PayPal – a preferred e-wallet with instant deposit and up to 48 hours processing withdrawals depending on bank account used.
- Paynearme – increasingly popular with availability at 7-Elevens and other stores allowing you to do deposits and withdrawals without the need of identity verifications, or bank account numbers. Simply buy the ticket and send money to players’ account via a code while withdrawals can be done at ATMs.
- Play+ – another well-known payment portal suitable for deposit and withdrawal that allows withdrawing funds with cash at ATMs.
- Cash Cage – placing a wager at a sportsbook that is linked to a land-based casino gives the added advantage of cash cage payments. It is instant with no hassle and zero fees. Get your money to your account at sportsbook instantly while withdrawals also take only a few minutes.
Betting bonuses and rewards
New player bonuses are diverse – it is divided into 4 types:
- Free Bet, No Deposit – no need to deposit funds as a reward for registering.
- Deposit bonuses – often a 100% matching deposit bonus that vary in maximum size. It can be from $50 to $1000+.
- Promotions – once-off offers and standing promotions like parlay boosts, enhanced lines, overtime insurance, parlay insurance, Leaderboards, picks-style contests, 123 bet bonus code, etc.
- Loyalty & VIP Rewards – keep punters coming back with tiered schemes.
It is valuable to keep in mind that a bonus or FREE BET isn’t free money to withdraw as soon as it lands in your player’s account. It comes with terms & conditions and wagering requirements before a withdrawal can be requested. While it is a win-win for both players and sportsbooks that attract more players, you can turn the house edge to your advantage and earn an opportunity to make the bonus work for you.
Can I Bet On Indiana Sports Teams?
A large portion of Indiana punters prefers money wagered on sports to be on a sports team. Sports teams betting are diverse, with plenty of wagering options. It includes the Indiana Pacers (NBA), Indianapolis Colts (NFL) as well as top basketball programs like the Notre Dame University (NCAA) and Indiana University (NCAA). Furthermore, place bets on the AAA Indianapolis Indians, Indianapolis 500, Purdue University (NCAA), Butler (NCAA), or Indiana Fever (WNBA).
Is online betting legal in Indiana?
Yes, you can play at retail as well as online sportsbooks since 2019.
What are the best online betting sites?
Indiana currently has a lengthy list of top new sportsbooks, with some having strong, established industry leaders behind them while others newly launched. Look for a site that offers best banking, good welcome bonus, excellent array of sports and betting online markets and preferable an app for play on the move. At least, you know that gaming platforms here are subjected to stringent laws and policies while legal in Indiana.
Do you have to live in Indiana to gamble online?
Yes, online casinos have geo-location software to ensure you are living within state lines.
Do you have to be 21 to bet on sports?
Yes, no younger players are allowed
How do I place a bet online?
Register at online sports betting operator and access the cashier to fund the first bet. Place the wager after you picked the sport and well as a market, click on the odds and add the amount that you wish to play. You are now on your way to the first potential win.
Don’t forget to read out detailed Betrivers sportsbook review, Amwager review and another on the best sportsbooks in Indiana for a great betting experience: