A Guide to the Best Indiana Betting Apps Online
1015 AN ACT was passed by Eric Holcomb, Indiana’s Governor on 1st September 2019. Players across the state were now allowed to place wagers at one of the 12 land-based facilities. According to Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC), gambling apps that accept players from Indiana were also legal. Everyone above 21 years is now allowed to place wagers on professional sports including soccer, golf, boxing, sailing, etc.
Major league games like NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL are attractive options that real money casino apps will accommodate. Top online mobile casinos with sportsbooks were quick to stand in line in applying for sports licenses since real money games like slots, table games and poker are still illegal. With sports being illegal before September, most potential punters do not know how an Indiana sports app wager is placed, how it works, how to choose it and more are valid questions which we answer for you.
How Do We Rate Indiana Sports Betting Apps?
Indiana’s sportsbooks are growing in numbers with more expected but how do we rate best mobile betting apps to present to punters? Leading factors that we consider include:
- Regulation – In preventing violation of federal law, licensed and regulated sites are only once considered.
- Reliability – regulated sportsbooks can be below standard as far as reliability is concerned. Technological reliability across an entire platform is something we consider.
- Accessibility – making sure that players can access apps wherever they are within state lines as long as they are internet connected.
- Experience – player navigation as well as overall user experience that includes excellent customer support, convenient payment methods, easy-to-use interface, great sports plus markets are important factors.
- Variety – you want sports app with excellent sports variety that accept wagers on events as well as different markets like live bets, futures, parlays, totals, etc,
- Reputation – even though sportsbooks might be new in Indiana, we ensure that it has a strong reputation everywhere else.
Best Indiana Sports Betting Apps
888 Sports Betting app
With 888 Sports players get up to $500 in bonuses plus thousands of events that include prematch plus live markets.
DraftKings Sports Betting app
$200 matching amount plus $35 free bets, as well as massive sports markets, like baseball, basketball, college football, NFL, soccer, golf, etc.
FanDuel Sports Betting app
Convenient and safe, Fanduel gives a $500 risk-free bet plus massive promotions like parlay insurance, odds boosters and much more. Top types like Moneylines, teasers, props, spreads and more on sports like tennis, MMA, boxing, baseball, etc.
Here players get a matching bonus of $100 which they can claim via BetAmerica app or mobile platform. Players have plenty of betting markets with an abundance of horse racing.
BetRivers Sports Betting app
This sportsbook was first to launch in Indiana and offers a 250% matching bonus. Players have a wide market to choose from including in-play wagers.
BetMGM Sports Betting app
BetMGM also has a unique $500 risk-free bet with an abundance of sporting events with their speciality being soccer.
William Hill Sports Betting app
New sports bettors at William Hill can expect up to $150 matching deposit bonus plus a $10 Free bet. An excellent sports selection includes hockey, soccer, football, basketball and baseball.
What Are Best Indiana Sportsbook Apps ?
Sports bettors will have fast data feeds at their fingertips with a vast number of options which include:
- Moneylines – a popular bet for the novice as these are straightforward. You choose a team to wager on, if it wins, you win.
- Totals (Over/Under) – players take a combined score of both teams to potentially predict a score. The score must be judged on over or under with variations of this type of wager, but if a player bets on under and a score is lower, he will be a winner.
- Spreads – this is a type of handicap wager. For a player to be a winner, the winning team must win by a specific number of points it offers an equal winning chance with the losing team also needing to lose by a certain amount.
- Parlays – these are also referred to as accumulator bets. Players pick a bet in several matches, each for a win. All these come on one slip, but they must all be right to be a winning ticket.
- Teasers – no Moneyline wagers are permitted here, but it is a simplified form of parlay wagering.
- Round Robin – this one also ties in with parlays plus teasers, therefore, if a player likes the accumulator type wagering, this is another to try. Tie a list of teams that will form a parlay bet’s basis.
- Propositions – in this type a player isn’t wagering on a game or score but rather on specific players within the game or match.
- Futures – placing a wager on games that must still play off, exactly how it is described, future matches or games like games that must still play off next season, for example, placing wagers on a Super Bowl match.
- Live (in-play betting) – once a match has kicked off, players can wager on a match while in-play. Live betting gives players a better chance at winning with placing various their wagers as the match unfolds.
Bet On Horse Races Via App
A popular sport is horse-racing which has been legalized back in 1969. While casino games are not permitted, horse racing track at Indiana Grand as well as Hoosier Park both have full racing agendas. These will soon be added to some of the top sports apps.
Land-Based Sportsbooks & Locations in the State
Compared to other states in the USA, Indiana has a very large per capita number of land-based sportsbooks. Consider that it already has 12 plus a growing number of online apps that might cause it becoming USA’s number one sporting state.
- New Haven with Winners Circle Race Sports Pub
- Indianapolis with Winners Circle Sports Pub
- Shelbyville also with a Winners Circle Race Sports Pub as well as Indiana Grand Casino
- Evansville with Tropicana
- Rising Sun with Rising Star Casino Resort
- Hammond has Horseshoe Casino
- Lawrenceburg with Hollywood Casino
- Anderson with Harrah’s Hoosier Park
- French Lick has French Lick Resort Casino
- Elizabeth offers Caesars Southern Indiana
- Michigan City with Blue Chip Casino
- Florence has Belterra Casino Resort
- East Chicago with Ameristar Casino
Sports Betting Partnerships
- DraftKings is in partnership with Ameristar Casino East Chicago
- FanDuel is partners with Belterra Casino Resort
- BetMGM is in partnership with Belterra Casino Resort
- BetAmerica is in partnership with Rising Star Casino
- BetRivers is in partnership with French Lick Resorts
5 tips on How to Choose the Right Betting App
- Players need to learn how betting work to know which app is best. That is the first tip, know how it works first also what bets and its odds are and how to place a wager or you wouldn’t appreciate a good app.
- Learn more about regulations as well as laws in Indiana to know where to bet, inside and outside of the state not to be caught unaware
- Make sure an app has your favourite events, for example, when you prefer horse racing, not all apps offer it
- Look at betting markets, does it have live wagering when you want it plus does it have cash-out?
- How long has the sportsbook been around, is it a trusted brand with an excellent reputation?
Benefit of Betting Apps vs. Desktop
There is no contest comparing desktops vs betting apps. A main benefit is play on the go while players do not need to be tied down at home. Betting apps are also specifically designed for smartphone systems and sizes that do not need to adjust to different displays or resolutions. From smartphone’s small screens to the large desktop a responsive website design will adjust perfectly but an app can stay the same irrespective of what type of screen size.
Banking Options for App Users
Using a betting app gives players the advantage of making deposits and withdrawals from their mobile. Payouts are fast with the average withdrawal periods between 24 hours to 72 hours depending on method used. The best banking options via mobile apps at sportsbooks include:
- Credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Amex remain the number one options for punters with minimum and maximum amounts set by operators. The average minimum deposit amount is between $10 and $20 while withdrawals are similar amounts.
- E-wallets PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, etc are popular methods but players should check as PayPal isn’t accepted at all sportsbooks.
- Prepaid cards including Paysafecard and casino prepaid cards allow for minimum deposits of $20 and withdrawals the same.
- Pay by phone allows players to use their phone bill to fund their accounts with the only downside that they cannot withdraw to a phone account.
- PayNearMe can be purchased at land-based retailers for complete anonymity with no minimum or maximum.
- ACH eCheck is increasing used and accepted deposit methods with a $10 minimum deposit and $20 minimum withdrawal with the only downside that withdrawals take up to 6 days.
Online Sports Betting Promos
While players are excited to be able to place wagers online there are important factors that we discussed with you today and we continue by telling you which top promos are worth looking out for.
No deposit bonuses – these are what every punter want, and you will get it as a free bet.
Welcome bonuses – welcome bonus package deals, for example, matching deposit bonus plus reload bonus as well as risk-free bet and loyalty program.
Jackpots – being part of tournaments and claiming part of a jackpot like when placing a bet on a large future bet with a top jackpot prize that gets divided among the top bettors.
Risk-free bets – operators attract players with various amounts of risk-free bets that can be anything from $5 to $500 plus.
Matching bonus – whatever you put into your account, the sportsbook matches.
Is it legal to bet on State teams?
Yes, there are several state teams to bet on. Punters can place wagers on professional and college teams like the NBA Indiana Pacers, NFL Colts, basketball team of Hoosiers University, Notre Dame football, AAA Indianapolis Indians and Indianapolis 500.
Which Indiana sportsbook apps will launch next?
With the pressure on sportsbooks to be as visible in all states, as seen with the top ones already launching several others are in the pipeline. It includes Majestic Star who will be partnering with Hard Rock. Others include Bet365, Unibet, Caesars, SugarHouse, PointsBet and Fox Bet.
How to Install a casino app for iOS and Android?
- Mobile players have applications that they can download on compatible devices via site or application store of their smartphone.
Can I bet for free as well as real cash?
- No, sports betting works differently to casino games online where you get free to play games.
How Secure Is My Mobile Account?
- Your mobile account is 100% secure as each app is safe and secure. It comes with top technology SSL and triple-layered protection to safeguard against hacking.
Is playing on a mobile phone allowed?
- Yes, players can wager with mobile as the apps are downloaded onto mobiles? If you don’t have an app you can access the sportsbook to play on your smartphone or tablet.
What Are the Tax Rates for Sports Betting?
- Sportsbook operators in Indiana pay taxes on gross gaming revenue. The percentage is below the state-wide average which is 10% since Indiana only pays 9.5% taxes.
Is Daily Fantasy Sports Legal?
- Yes, in Indiana players can place wagers on daily fantasy sports with large operators like FanDuel and DraftKings both having sports betting and DFS apps in the state. These games were legal years before sports.
Do I Need To Live In Indiana to place wagers on Indiana sports betting apps?
- No, if you are a visitor to Indiana you can still place a wager. Anyone can bet within Indiana state lines if they are in the state and it will be impossible to make a payment if outside the state lines. To place a bet or make a payment, players must visit the state.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Legally Bet?
- Players must be 21 years and older to place legit wagers on any sports in Indiana. That goes for both in-person bets at land-based sportsbooks, via casino game apps or from mobile casinos.