A Guide to the Best NHL Betting Sites Online
Indiana NHL betting is becoming more prominent. However, the game is not as common as the NBA or NFL. There are many platforms for legal sports betting in IN. In the meantime, punters can enjoy wagering on both online platforms and retail sportsbooks.
Bettors have the opportunity of enjoying lots of gambling options, including the moneylines, futures, and more. In the state of Indiana, the first sportsbook opened in October 2019. At the moment, the Indiana Gaming Commission regulates sports wagering in the Hoosier state.
If you’re a strong fan of hockey, you should read through this article. This writeup will enlighten you on the different factors to consider when choosing a wagering platform or website. Besides, we’d also give examples of the IN online sports betting. Let’s get right into it.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Betting Site on the NHL
When picking a gambling site, there are certain factors you should always analyze. You shouldn’t pick a site that lags in any of these areas. Here are the factors to strongly analyze:
- Options to bet: One of the most important things that every bettor should analyze is the available options to wager. When a site provides a wide variety of options, it helps the punter explore properly. However, some may decide to stick to one. Since each of the different options to bet function based on different techniques, you may consider choosing the one you understand best. Examples of some of the options to bet include futures, totals, parlays, point spreads, and more. As a new bettor, it is more advisable to stick to one of the simplest. Arguably, money lines are the easiest type of wager. It involves picking the winner of a specific match.
- Bonuses: Every reputable site for NHL betting in Indiana provides amazing bonuses and promotions for punters. One of the most common types of bonuses you’d get is the welcome bonus. For this promotion, the punter only has to create an account on the platform’s official website. Once the account is created and the bettor meets the necessary wagering requirement and more, they can claim the bonus. Please note that some sites make use of bonus codes, while some don’t. Whichever the case may be, always ensure to read through the vital terms and conditions of the website.
- Loyalty Program: Asides bonuses and promotions, websites provide some other rewards. One of the major things you may have figured about websites is that they provide special offers. When a bettor creates an account, that automatically qualifies him or her to the loyalty program. However, over time, the punter needs to build loyalty points for qualification. In most sites, punters are typically invited to these programs. Keep in mind that the loyalty program greatly differs from other types of bonuses and promotions that most platforms provide.
- Security: How secure is the website? This question is crucial; you should always ask that you choose every time you have any sportsbook. Whichever site you choose should have safe and comfortable protocols for placing wagers. Since you’d be making deposits and withdrawals, you should always carefully choose a platform. Besides, you’d also release your personal information (including your Social Security Number) for verification. These actions make it crucial to know about how sites handle their security protocols. A reasonable number of websites make use of SSL to protect money and personal information.
- Banking methods: It’s exciting when a platform has a long list of banking methods available for punters. When there are many options to explore, you don’t need to worry about getting stranded. However, it would be best if you made sure that the site that you end up choosing has a method that works for you perfectly. For instance, if you possess a MasterCard credit card, you may think of choosing a platform that provides that in its long list. Please note that most of the available payment methods have different processing times and limits.
List of Websites in Indiana for NHL Online Betting
- DraftKings: If you’ve been in the wagering game for a while, you should have heard some news about this platform. They provide mind-blowing bonuses and promotions to prospective punters and old ones as well. You can enjoy the $500 free sign up bonus, the $25 no deposit bonus, and other special offers.
- FanDuel: New punters greatly love FanDuel for the size of the bonuses and promotions that it provides. On the website, you can enjoy amazing gambling options and special offers as well. As a new bettor, you have a chance to win a total of $100 in a risk-free bet on their website.
- Bet365: Anyone who has researched on Bet365 should know that they are reputable for providing top bonuses and promotions to punters in the state of Indiana. You can enjoy the bonus by using the code “SPRT365”. With this promo code, you can get a bonus of 100% match up to $100.
- William Hill: One of the top bonuses and promotions present in the industry today is William Hill. They provide risk-free bets, deposit bonuses, and many special offers. As a new punter, you can enjoy $300 in risk-free wager. However, you need to ensure that you’re 21 and above to create an account.
- Points Bet: Using this bet type comes with advantages. You can use an Indiana sports betting app for this option. The platform provides a free bet on deposit. As a punter, you can see this promotion as one that has no form of risk involved. After you make a $50 deposit, you can wager at $150. However, you need to use the appropriate bonus code; “BONUS NOW.”
- BetRivers: This platform is relatively new to the gambling industry. However, they check all the boxes of a well-functioning website for online wagering. On May 1, 2020, the website started operations due to the 2019 referendum. You can get a 100% deposit match up to $250 using the code “250MATCH.”
- MGM Sportsbook: We can strongly rely on this sportsbook as one that provides generous bonuses and firm promotions. As a punter in Indiana, you need to create a valid account and make an initial deposit. You stand a chance to win a 100% deposit match up to $500 on the website.
Types of Bets to Wager on NHL
There are different types of bet you can enjoy on the platform as a punter. If you understand any of the ones below, you may consider sticking to one. Here are the different types of bets:
- Puck line: For NHL, you may refer to the puck line as your point spread for the game. Here, favorites must lead by more than the line. Underdogs need to lose or lose by less than the line.
- Total: Just like every other sport, the totals signify the over/under bets. Here, all you’re doing as a punter is wagering on the final/total score of the game.
- Moneyline: If you’re conversant with gambling, you should know moneyline is one of the easiest bet types. Here, all you’re doing is to pick the winner of the game.
- Futures: This bet type is a very common gambling option in the gambling industry. For instance, it’s wagering on a future event like who will win the finals.
- Parlays: In this type of bet, you’re wagering on multiple teams. However, for every part, your wager must receive a payoff.
- Prop Bets: For the NHL bets, they center around the team or player effectiveness, but they are not related to the final score. Please note that they vary between real money betting sites in Indiana.
- Teasers: In NHL sports betting, a teaser is closely similar to other kinds of sports. It’s a variation of parlay bet that allows the punter to move the point spread or totals a specific amount of points in his or her favor.
When is NHL Betting the Biggest?
For the regular season, NHL has some points over/under bets. Instead of the NFL win totals, you have the regular-season point totals. However, when is NHL betting the biggest? Here’s what you should comprehend:
- Regular season: One of the top things that punters wager on is the regular season. However, due to the outbreak, it has been delayed until at least December 2020. There are 82 games and 31 teams that this game entails.
- Stanley Cup playoffs: For this tournament, punters place bets using a variety of strategies. It began on August 1, 2020, and it concluded September 28, 2020. It’s made up of 24 teams.
- NHL Cup finals: The very first cup final began as far back as 2002. However, the series began on September 19 and ended September 28 due to the global pandemic.
- NHL All-star game: Punters have their expectations heightened for the game coming up on January 30, 2021. Asides the NHL cup finals, we can safely say that bettors also place their bets on this championship series.
NHL Betting Tips
Online NHL betting can be very tricky on some occasions. However, some helpful tips can help lead you through the proper steps to take when engaging in gambling activity. Here are the tips you should follow:
- Ride the streaks
- Engage in live betting
- Check for home/road records
- Pay close attention to special teams
- Look into Home / Road Records
- Stay aware of the schedules
- Engage in “line shopping.”
- Explore the alternate markets like period betting and team totals
Indiana NHL Betting Latest News
There seem to be fun events knocking on the doors of lovers of NHL betting in Indiana. One of the major expectations in the upcoming NHL All-Star game. Traditionally, the game is always held between the regular season of the NHL. Just as the name implies, it consists of many League stars playing against one another. In this game, every team plays with four players. We have our fingers crossed as we expect the NHL All-Star Game on January 30, 2021.
Indiana NHL betting seems to be on a high rise. Punters have the opportunity of enjoying different tournaments present in the game. However, it can be a little challenging to choose a website. For this reason, you need to make sure that the website you choose has amazing bonuses and a wide range of gambling options to explore. NHL betting has a large tendency to become one of the top events that will bring massive payouts. If you’re a new punter, try following the crucial tips. Placing NHL bets in Indiana is completely safe and highly recommended.
For the best wagering experience it is important to learn about other sports:
Is it legal to bet on NHL online in IN?
- Yes, it is legal to bet on NHL online in Indiana. However, you need to make use of the appropriate site. You also need to be 21 and above to enjoy wagering in the Hoosier state.
How to bet on NHL playoffs in Indiana?
- When betting on the NHL playoffs, you can make use of the 24-team format strategy. Ensure that you make use of an appropriate site for online NHL betting.
How to bet on the NHL All-star game?
- When wagering on the NHL All-Star game, you need to remember that it doesn't affect the regular season playoffs. Ensure you take advantage of a great selection of NHL All-Star betting odds.
How old should I be on bet on the NHL in Indiana?
- There are basic rules that guide IN mobile sports betting in the state of Indiana. One of them is the age requirement. You need to be aged 21 and above to engage in NHL online wagering.
What is the best IN site to bet on NHL?
- In the state of Indiana, lots of gambling sites are suitable for punters. Examples of some of the best sites to bet on NHL include DraftKings, William Hill, Points Bet, and BetRivers.